Balsamic Vinegar Tofu Pot by Rasa Masa
Making plant-based food will always give you surprises! A plant-based dish does not equivalent to a bland one or limited varieties or boring taste! And Rasa Masa loves to share their delicious home cook recipes which are easy to prepare and taste good which real ingredients
For those who loves sweet, sour and savory in one dish, must not miss this traditional Chinese delicacy in vegan style.
Photo courtesy of Rachel Tai
100% organic ingredients.
5 tbsp Emile Noel balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Wholesome blackstrap molasses
3 tbsp Emile Noel cooking oil
1 tbsp Emile Noel sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
5-7 dried chili
6 pc dried shitake mushroom
10 pc black fungus
1 pc (about 300g) sprouted firm tofu
1 pc dried fuchuk
1 thumb size pc fresh ginger
5 cloves garlic
1 tbsp arrow root powder
Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce and pinch of salt in a bowl of water. Marinade tofu in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-soak mushroom, black fungus and dried chili until soft. Keep the mushroom water for cooking.
- Swiftly pan fry the dried fuchuk in cooking oil. Few seconds on each sides.
- Break the ginger with the back of your knive. Fry in cooking oil for a few minutes to release the ginger aroma.
- Add in the mushroom water, balsamic vinegar and blackstrap molasses. Bring to boil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (except arrow root powder). Add enough water to cover all the ingredients. Bring to boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add 3 tbsp of water to the arrow root powder and stir to mix. Add into the pot and stir to mix. This will thicken the gravy.
- Alternatively , you may also used sea bird nest. Soak the sea bird's nest overnight. Then add in with ingredients and cook together.
- Like all recipes, always adjust to your family's taste preference🧡
Let try it!