When you have no idea what to have for your breakfast, and rather to stay at home for a quick one, what would you have?
This morning, I had granola with almond milk. The granola is not from store, indeed, I made it few days, and kept it in a container. When I am in a hurry, I love to just grabbing a handful of granola to snack on.
It would be easier to make your own granola, and this recipe I shared could not be any easier. If you like to have simple taste, you can have it on its own. Or else, adding some dried fruits, nuts, seeds, or chocolate chips in to the mix also nice.
In the morning, I prefer some warm plant-based milk add into my granola bowl. While for tea time, I add yogurt into it. You can have
Granola: Makes 5 cups
- Organic ingredients:
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups rolled oat
- 1 cup activated almond (sliced)
- 1/2 cup activated sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits (cut big pieces into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup shredded dried coconuts
- Preheat oven. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 150°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside.
- Put the oil, nectar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the oats, almonds, seeds and dried coconut into the oil mixture in the large bowl. Stir to coat well.
- Spread the oats out onto the prepared baking tray and spread into an even layer. Use a spatula to press it into the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Granola is ready when golden-brown and the almonds have toasted — it will still feel wet coming out of the oven but will dry as it cools.
- Remove from the oven. Add the dried fruits. If you want clumps of granola, press down the granola before it cools, which will help it stick together. Cool completely before storing.
- Store in airtight container for long-term storage at room temperature.
- Storage: Granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Portion: You can adjust the quantity of ingredients freely. Granola is very forgiving^^