Holy Basil Drink (aka alkaline drink) by En Nature
There are plenty of local herbs and spices or known as jamu have powerful health benefits, such as turmeric, lemongrass, pandan leaf, ginger, Thai basil, ulam, pucuk gajus... and more. It will not cost you an arm and a leg to get these ingredients, as you can find at local wet market easily. These plants are used in culinary and remedies, as well as cosmetic and fragrance industries.
Apart from cooking, we can also use to boil water for daily drinking. Here is the method on how to make holy basil water (or alkaline water) with local jamu. The "alkaline water" is rich in phyto-energy and may help to balance body pH.
For those who don't like plain water taste, it is an alternative to replenish daily consumption.
- Pandan leaf – 2 stalks
- Lemon grass – 1 stalk
- Peppermint leaf – 1-2 stalks
- Mulberry leaf – 1-2 pieces
- Basil leaf – 1-2 stalks
- Dr. Ros Classic / Graceful enzyme – 2 tbsp.
- Add 2 tablespoon of Eco Enzyme into bowl of water and soak all the ingredients for 45 mins.
- Add 2 tbsp. of Dr. Ros Classic/Graceful enzyme into water and bring it to boil. When the water starts to boil, put all the ingredient in.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
- Turn off the fire. Then it is ready for consume.
Benefits: To balance acidity in our body pH.